Topics of Interest
The workshop intends to bridge the gap between researchers and big data stakeholders, including experts from critical domains, such as urban / maritime / aviation transportation, human complex networks, etc. Most importantly it aims to unveil real‐world problems and show off novel solutions in such domains that require innovative data analytics solutions.
Multiple fields of data analytics relate to the objectives of this workshop, including, but not limited to:
- Fundamentals of mobility data analytics
- Big data platforms for mobility data analytics
- Parallel / streaming / edge data processing for mobility analytics
- Predictive analytics using mobility data
- Complex event detection for moving objects
- Visual analytics on big mobility data
- Interactive traffic analysis with GPS data
- Urban / maritime / aviation traffic flow forecasting, travel time prediction
- Integration / interlinking of mobility with societal data
- Geosocial networks
- Social computing / spatial epidemiology and COVID-19 contact tracing
- Philosophical / ethical / privacy issues on mobility data analytics
Details and Dates
We invite papers discussing novel research and ideas without substantial overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. Submitted papers can be of two types:
- Regular Research Papers: these papers should report original research results or significant case studies. They should be 5000-8000 words (at most 8 pages) long.
- Demo Papers: these papers should showcase cutting-edge mobility data analytics software. They should be 2500-4000 words (at most 4 pages) long.
Following the tradition of recent EDBT/ICDT workshops, all workshop papers will be published online at CEUR (under CC-BY licence).
Submissions should be formatted using the EDBT/ICDT 2021 camera-ready template and submitted through the workshop submission system at EasyChair.
*All deadlines are at 11:59PM Pacific Daylight Time.